I am a terrible blogger. I couldn't even keep up with ICLW last week -- I just get home from work SO FRIGGIN TIRED every day. Opening up the laptop to even look at other blogs and leaving comments just seems like too much work. Ugh! I keep waiting for the fatigue to get better, as I've read it's supposed to do, but it was definitely worse the last two weeks. Too exhausted to even want dinner most nights. It's sad.
Meanwhile, I figured out that although I follow a lot of blogs, no one *knows* that I'm following them b/c I do so under my regular gmail account, not this one. It's actually a pain in my butt, b/c I follow some people who I know IRL -- and don't want them to know about this account/blog -- but I want other bloggers in this world to know I exist and read them consistently. So I'm going to set myself up with two windows and start following a bunch of blogs under this account. Then I'll switch over my iPhone RSS app to this account, so I can keep updated on the go. For the people I follow IRL, I'll just check online with the other account. Painful and complicated, right?
And finally, a Sandy update. We are lucky enough to live in a neighborhood that wasn't terribly affected in NYC -- never lost power, water, or even cable! But the City has been crazy the past few days. I didn't have to work Monday or Tuesday (and happily spent the majority of that time on my couch), but I came in yesterday and it took me FOREVER to get here on a city bus. It was hot and crowded and I felt miserable -- I just kept wishing I actually looked pregnant so someone would offer me a seat (not that people always do that, but sometimes). It took me an hour both ways, standing in really awkward positions and boiling hot both times. At least today it was easier, got a seat on the bus in the AM and took me *less* time than usual to get to work b/c there wasn't even any school traffic!
The worst part -- being completely selfish here -- is that my NT scan that was supposed to be on Tuesday got cancelled. And they couldn't rebook me until next Monday. I have been waiting for that before I start announcing and it's totally killing me to wait another week! Good thing I didn't plan on a big Halloween reveal, like some other people due in May on the FF pages. It also means that I have that on Monday and my OB appt on Tuesday -- and originally the plan was to space them out so I could have more "reassurance." But Tuesday's appointment is with the OB that I love, and she'll be gone the week after, so I'd rather just keep the appointment. I am using my Doppler basically every day, so I know Curly's heart is still ticking, at least. Right at 160 beats/minute. :-)
I'm just ready to be done with the first trimester! I've read varying opinions on if the 2nd trimster starts at the beginning of 12 weeks, 13 weeks, or even 14 weeks -- so I'm going with lucky 13, which will be on Tuesday. I am beyond thrilled to have made it to 12 weeks with no issues and a strong heartbeat, but I will be much more thrilled when everyone else knows. It is SO hard to be at work sometimes -- yesterday I had to "smile and nod" my way through discussions on why maternity pants are the best (as I stood there with my pants buttoned through a rubber band), why certain OB's are great (including mine), and then had to try to explain away the fact that I haven't taken anything stronger for my persistent cough (going on 4 weeks). So difficult! Argh.
Okay, going to go deal with the whole mayhem of following/followers. Some of you are going to notice a new follower today but realize I've been following you for a long time!
ETA: Yikes, so turns out that when I "subscribe" on my RSS, it doesn't show up that I'm a follower (I tested this by subscribing to myself). I think I might have to go through all my blogs one-by-one and "follow" from the sites, instead of adding through my reader. What a pain in the ass! Will have to do it another time when I have a free hour....which might be a month from now. Oops.
Glad that you were spared from Sandy's wrath. I am farther up the coast and we only lost power for a few hours and barely even had any branched down. We are so lucky! My sister lives in Brooklyn though and she has been telling me about all the NYC craziness. Insane! Thank goodness for the Doppler, right? It is so nice to know that the little one is still growing away in there! Congrats on almost getting to the second tri! I also get confused on when that exactly starts. I think 13 is a good number! :)
ReplyDeleteHi, So I just found your blog and read through it in a quick sitting. First of all, congratulations! I love how you made meaning out of the pain of the miscarriage to understand that it brought you to your current pregnancy. How difficult, but wonderful for where you are.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I just had to comment because our stories are fairly similar. I have a PhD in child clinical psychology and also waited to start trying until after graduate school. I also joined WW to lose all of my grad school weight - Ha. And now, I just started a blog that I am not telling anyone I know about. A weird place to be.
Anyhow, I will start following your blog now and hope I follow soon with a BFP :)
bitsinpeaces.blogspot.com - My blog, just starting out!
If you add sites to Blogger "Blogs I'm Following" (not Google Reader), you will show up as a follower. And then those blogs will automatically show up in your reader, too.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for your NT scan, as well as your OB appointment - you have a big week ahead!