this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm the worst type of blogger....

You know, the type who lets LIFE get in the way of BLOGGING. It's horrible!! It's been nearly two weeks since I posted anything, and those two weeks have been crazy busy. Not a good excuse, but the only one I have. I'll try to bring you up to speed.

1) Curly is doing great. My NT scan last week was great, other than this babe not cooperating at all and doing headstands rather than posing on his side for a good measurement. (The tech kept telling me to cough to get the babe to move -- um, lady, that won't work in someone who's been coughing non-stop for over a month. Sure 'nuff, when I'd cough, Curly wouldn't even flinch.) Measured a day ahead. Combined with my bloodwork, my risk for Down's is 1:8500 and for Trisomy 13/18 is < 1:10,000. I have the risks of a 20 year old! Too bad I don't have the body of a 20 year old to go along with that. Although we had great images during the scan, when the tech went to get one to print for us she got a HORRIBLE shot. Here is that awful pic, labeled so you don't think Curly has a hooked beak as a nose (and no, the head is not really bigger than the entire body. Again, horrible image!):

The following day we had my regularly scheduled OB appointment, where they did little other than test my pee, get a weight/blood pressure, and check for the heartbeat. Since I do that last one at home all the time, Mr. W wasn't terribly impressed and thought the whole thing was "boring." I told him he didn't have to come to all the appointments anymore unless he wanted to, so we'll see.

2) After the good NT scan, I started telling people at work and my family and friends. Very exciting! Still haven't spoken to some of my long-distance friends. I figure the news will spread slowly. I'm not planning on making any kind of FB announcement -- I HATE that crap from other people --  but I'm sure at some point I'll announce as an "aside," like "why didn't anyone tell me that maternity jeans are so comfortable?" (They are. the. most. comfortable. jeans. ever. Except for the falling down all the time part.)

3) Today I'm 14.1 weeks. Bump picture below. I'm only wearing maternity clothes (during the day) now -- I could probably still squeeze into a couple pairs of pants, but why be so uncomfortable? I'm loving leggings/tunics/uggs and might end up in that for quite a bit this winter. I definitely look more pregnant in maternity clothes, b/c I have the type where the band sits under the bump, emphasizing it. I had 35% off to Old Navy and 40% off at Gap recently, so I've totally stocked up! Should be good for a few months. :-) I wore maternity Spanx under a dress for a wedding last weekend, and I think they made me look even more pregnant -- held me in everywhere but the tummy. Good timing on the "coming out" part.


4) I'm not even less tired. In fact, I just wrote this post halfway through, then fell asleep on the couch. Seriously!! Isn't it supposed to get better in the 2nd trimester?!

5) We had a tour of a daycare today. I cannot believe those words. The waiting lists here are crazy, so I was told to sign up for a tour early (and my co-worker who is due in March couldn't get a tour til January, so somehow I lucked out). After the tour, she said I'm not really on a list until after the baby is born and to call back then, but to pay my $25 fee now. Really? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I feel like I'll be calling to check in February/March anyway. Also: crazy expensive!! We can't afford to stay in the city.

6) I have a lot more I've been planning to say. Maybe I will have time tomorrow. I'll try to not be the worst blogger ever in the world. Swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment