I know I haven't posted on this blog in months. I DID create a public blog for my friends/family to follow the pregnancy (and baby, eventually). But even there, I only post once every few weeks.
But today is March 15th -- my original due date. I honestly don't think about that pregnancy very often, which is probably a good thing. The most I think about it is that instead of having 8 more weeks to go, I'd probably have a baby already (or would by next week). I don't know what I'd be feeling right now if I weren't 31+ weeks pregnant -- I'm sure it would be pure devastation.
We went to Disney World the day after that miscarriage. It was one of the best things I think we could have possibly done. Disney is truly a magical place -- in addition to being just SO INCREDIBLY BUSY that we couldn't dwell on the loss that much, we were able to make a lot of wishes. We found the wishing well, and I got sprinkled with fairy dust, and we watched Tinkerbell fly over us at night. I don't usually believe in things like that, but it felt magical to be there. We also both needed new keychains, so the one I bought had a Tink on it (and a flower, which I lost within a few weeks). I've carried that little fairy around every day since then, and I feel like she's truly been a good luck charm for this totally boring pregnancy (which is what we wished for, of course).
Last week, Tink fell off. I got REALLY sad, I felt like it was bad luck to go out of the apartment with her! But a couple days later, my wonderful husband found her in the hallway, and I was able to put her back on my keychain. Oof, crisis averted. I'm not sure why I got so sad over it (not even upset, just sad). Like I said, I don't typically believe in superstitions or guardian angels or things like that. But it just felt like I needed her with me all the time, or something bad might happen.
Anyway, today is kind of a sad day. But this little thing inside me won't let me dwell on the loss too long -- Curly likes to move too much (or hiccup too often). Things with this pregnancy are going well, no real issues. I feel huge, and I'm kinda worried about how big I'll be in another 6-8 weeks. Starting to think more seriously about baby products, and clothes, and the like. I'm sure May will be here before we know it.
Gratuitous photo below of the belly. I'm not sure when I'll be back to this blog to post again, but just assume that silence is a good thing. :-)
That's a progression at 23 weeks, 28 weeks, and 31 weeks :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment