So I'm really not sure what to do with this blog.
I originally created it thinking that I'd get pregnant within a few months and just share the link with friends/family. They'd be able to read everything, and then it would be a good place for updates during pregnancy and with baby. (I have a friend who sends an email out each week for BOTH of her kids, with a picture and a LONG story about what they did that week. It's annoying. At least with a blog people could read or not, depending on what they want to do.)
Then it took longer than I had figured to get my BFP. Followed by the miscarriage, and then all my feelings on pregnancy after loss.
While I'm not super secretive about the miscarriage -- I'd rather some people know about it, and I kinda feel like it's good for people to know so if it ever (G-d forbid) happened to them, they would know they could chat with me about it -- I don't want all the posts on here to be public to my friends & family. This has become a private space for me to share my feelings, and although I have some followers, it's an anonymous place for me to be.
Meanwhile, I'm not sure I truly fit in to the world of the infertile blogger. I got my first BFP on Cycle 5, and had an early loss. I then got another BFP immediately after. While I would have done testing at 6 months of no pregnancy, I never got there. I didn't have to deal with tests, and meds, and treatments. I didn't have to deal with recurrent pregnancy loss (thank GOODNESS). While struggling with a loss is certainly a difficult thing to do, and pregnancy after loss has its own world of emotions & fears, I'm not a pregnant infertile. I'm just a pregnant lady.
So here's what I'm thinking -- I'll start another blog, a public one for friends/family. I'll post the link over here when I do, so if anyone wants to continue to see pics and hear updates on the pregnancy/baby, you can do that. That's the only place where I'll post pics and share pregnancy or baby updates. But I'll still keep this blog active -- although likely less so. It'll still be the place I come to when I need to share a personal struggle, problem, or question. Something I don't want to be public.
Does that make sense?
It does to me. I also feel a little confused. I just started my blog and just started TTC. That puts me into...no real category. So make it what you want to make it. Keep us posted :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think that's a good idea, I can certainly understand that there are things that you want to share separately!
ReplyDeleteIt makes sense to me. I started my blog after my loss and while I'm not ashamed of what's in it, I don't really want my family or friends (those I haven't met through loss mom networks, anyway) reading it. Like you said, it's where you put your private thoughts. Sometimes it's easier for strangers to read those than our loved ones.
ReplyDelete