this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Waiting Game

People who have been in the TTC (trying to conceive) world know that everything happens in two week intervals. From the first day of your period, you have around two weeks to wait until you ovulate. Then you have the 2WW (two-week wait) before you are supposed to POAS and hope for that BFP.

The 2WW is the worst, I think. Because personally, I have a hard time letting go during that time. If it's possible I might be pregnant, do I really want to drink a lot of caffeine or alcohol? Or take Advil for my headache? Or eat sushi? And yes, I know that physiologically it's probably fine, but it's not easy for me to 100% let go when I have seen a lot of problems from early pregnancy risks.

This upcoming trip to Europe is a good example.  I told Mr. W that he can't go in the hot tub before I ovulate, b/c that could affect his swimmers.  And then I'm not going to go in the hot tub after I ovulate, b/c raising the body's temperature too much could affect implantation. So we won't be able to enjoy going in together. :-(

However, I have decided to drink on the vacation. I'm not a huge drinker anyway, but it's vacation -- with my family -- and we all like to enjoy ourselves. And I'm sure I'll need my caffeine -- likely Diet Cokes -- to get me through the long days in amazing places like Florence, Rome, and Athens.

I have been eating more sushi the past week -- I figure we won't really get any on the trip, and then I might not be able to eat any for 38 more weeks, so I might as well enjoy it now.

And as I think of things to pack for the trip, I know I need more tylenol than advil -- I don't want to take NSAID's during the 2WW b/c it can also affect implantation.

But here's the real question: Do I bring any pregnancy tests? If I ovulate on CD18 (cycle day), like I have been, then I will be 11 dpo (days post ovulation) when we get back. That's right around when you *should* get a BFP. So if I bring any, it would be to test early. Which could bum me out, and could be false negatives. But I'm not sure I can make it until we get back.....I have to ruminate on this some.

No comments:

Post a Comment