this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Monday, May 21, 2012

Sigh

Wow, I'm on a roll with 3 posts in one day. It's been a tiring day.

Another friend just told me she's pregnant. That makes 3 pregnancies I've found out about in the past week. Sigh.

It was hard when I was practically the last one of my friends to get married. And so of course I will be the last one of my friends to have a baby. (Although I do have some single friends, they are all in a different group than the close group of friends I have from college.) I've being "lapped" by many of my friends -- they have 2 or 3 already, and I'm just trying to get going on my first.

I don't regret my life's choices -- going to medical school and becoming a pediatrician is exactly what I should have done with my life. And I just wasn't fortunate to find Mr. W for a while -- I dated a bunch of duds before we met. We didn't drag our heels, either -- got engaged 10 months after we met, and married 6 months after that. And started TTC just over 2 months later. But still. It's hard. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment