this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Meet our Little Blob


We saw a perfect heartbeat and measuring exactly on schedule -- 7 weeks today. (The doc was impressed with my dating since by LMP I'd be 8 weeks.) 

Got lots of blood drawn -- but only stuck once, so that was awesome too. 

She said to come back in 2 weeks, since "telling someone who just had a loss to come back in 4 weeks is cruel." I'll be back at 9w3d and we'll get to see the blob again. 

I'm starting to feel more comfortable about this pregnancy. We never saw a heartbeat last time - it had stopped growing at around 5 weeks -- so this is pretty great news. The miscarriage risk is now around 5%, and will drop lower day by day. 

I'm also definitely more symptomatic -- waves of nausea, where I feel like I'd feel better if I were to just throw-up but I don't. I can still make myself eat, but smells can be bad. Thirsty a lot, and peeing a lot. 

I think I'll tell my Mom this afternoon -- my sister knows, and one of my best friends guessed over the weekend (oops), so we should bring her in on the secret as well. That makes it most real to me, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment