I haven't been as good about blogging as I thought I would be. But here is an update and then some thoughts. Meanwhile, I KNOW people are reading this -- Google tells me so -- but no one is commenting! Please let me know you are here, I would love to respond back and even answer your questions in subsequent posts.
So last Friday we had another appointment with my OB, and everything was great. Curly was measuring right on track and we even saw his/her arms waving at us! (The OB kinda chuckled and said "look, you can see it moving.") She told us that with adequate growth between appointments and a good heartbeat, our chances of a miscarriage now are less than 2%. That was incredibly reassuring. I'll post the pic later (when I'm not at work).
I go in 2 weeks from today for the NT scan, which combined with blood tests that I mail to them ahead of time, will give us our risk for the baby having Down's Syndrome or another chromosomal abnormality. Mr. W commented the other night that we haven't discussed what we would do with any bad results, and I said "I don't really want to discuss it, do you?" My doc said that at my "young age" I shouldn't worry too much, but if you look at the statistics there are way more babies with Down's born to younger moms than older moms (b/c younger moms have more babies). Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it until the day of the scan. The nice thing is because I send them my blood work, we get full results the same day and can even proceed to CVS if necessary right then.
My nausea has pretty much abated, although a strong smell can still set it off for a few minutes. I'm up half a pound per my home scale, and none of my pants will close. I tried maternity pants yesterday but they kept falling down, so back to the rubber-band thing today. I tried the Bella Band this AM on pants with a hook/eye closure (so no rubber-band trick), but I couldn't stand the pants being completely undone and I thought you could see it through the Band. Sigh. I think it'll be easier in a couple weeks when I start announcing. I definitely need more longer tops, though, to hide either the open button or the maternity panel. Ordered a couple more things from Old Navy yesterday and my Mom is eager to go shopping for me at the Outlet mall in Florida later this week. I guess I could also start going through my clothes and getting rid of things -- if they didn't fit me this past summer, it's gonna be a long time before they fit again, right? I also should probably get new bras one of these days. I'm barely fitting into my old ones -- and only a few of those.
I've heard the heartbeat a few more times at home, too. Easier to find each time, the other day took me less than a minute. I'm trying to limit myself to just a couple times/week. Can't wait til I feel movement!
So many things I'm looking forward to right now. While I'm still slightly nervous about losing the pregnancy, I feel more reassured each day. Things I can't wait for:
-- Announcing: to the rest of the family, my friends, and people at work.
-- Being able to wear some clothes that don't have to stay open or fall down and having a cute bump
-- Said Bump allowing me to get a seat on the crowded bus/subway! Some mornings I am pretty light-headed and it's hard to stand on a crowded bus. Argh.
-- NT scan in 2 weeks, then OB appt the week after
-- Feeling movement!
-- Our vacation in December to Jamaica (guess it's our "Babymoon")
Hello from ICLW!! Congrats on the 10 week mark!! Wishing you the best with the upcoming testing. Praying for a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy!!!
ReplyDeleteICLW #4