this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm a slacker

So here's the problem: If possible, I think my fatigue has gotten WORSE the past week or so! It's crazy. The cough I've had for 3.5 weeks isn't helping any. So I had this entire post planned yesterday, and fell asleep on my couch instead. Which means today you get two posts.

Here are just some pictures of my pudge. For comparison is the pic I took at 4 weeks with the miscarriage, so I'm using it as my reference. I had gained a few pounds that month, then lost about 5 before the 2nd BFP, so it was probably about the same. I think the fact that I haven't taken any "bump" pictures or done any kind of "bumpdates" is a sign of how much harder it is to get excited this time around. But I know if I *don't* do it, I'll regret it later on.


Okay, so now that we've set that up: the next 2 pics are from the first day I wore maternity pants (which kept falling down), in the AM on 9w6d:



Then here is exactly a week later, where I'm wearing a maternity tunic & regular leggings. Again, pic taken in the AM.


And finally, here is a bump picture, in the same pants as the original one. I'll try to use the same pants each week from now on. Not sure about showing skin, but the little pooch is definitely more noticeable if I put the pants below it. But you still get the idea. I think you can also tell my boobs are bigger than the original pic. This was taken after work. I look biggest right before bed (after dinner).
Getting dressed in the mornings has become a real trial. The maternity pants don't want to stay up. Regular pants won't button (I have a couple that will close with the rubber band as the button, but not many anymore. The jeans I bought a size-up post-miscarriage still fit, but are snug). Anything that I do in the AM feels awful by lunchtime. The leggings the other day were great, but I don't have enough tops I can wear with leggings so my options are limited. My mom just spent a shitload of $$ at the Motherhood outlet, and I should be getting that soon. It'll just be a lot easier when I go public with the news and don't feel the need to hide the pooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment