So here's what's going on with Curly (and me):
-- I've been feeling movement consistently for 2 weeks. Seems early, but my placenta is posterior so maybe that's helping. I can best describe it as being tickled from the inside, like with a long fingernail. During the ultrasound yesterday, I saw Curly moving as I was feeling it, so I know what I'm feeling is the baby moving. So weird! And so great. :-)
-- Fatigue hasn't gotten any better. After a long day at work, I will easily fall asleep on the couch around 8pm. I keep wanting to go to Yoga, but the classes are 6:30 - 8pm, and I don't know how I'd stay awake that long. I have 5 classes to use by the end of January; I guess worst case scenario I waste one or two. (Unfortunately, they have NO classes on Sundays! And pretty far for me to walk to go on a Saturday, it's 38 blocks.)
-- No cravings. I've actually had some bouts of nausea this past week, only at night. I doubt I'm eating as well as I should, but trying to get in some fruits and/or vegetables each day. And calcium. As of yesterday I had only gained 3 lbs on my home scale. Will see what doctor says next Tuesday. Here are a couple pics, I think I looked bigger last week actually but that the bump is moving upward now (I was also wearing a tighter tank-top last week).
-- Yesterday was our initial anatomy scan. They were testing out a new machine, so a guy who works for the company was in the room showing the tech all the fancy things it could do. And it was AWESOME! The quality of the images were amazing. You could see the difference between the bowels and the liver! We saw all the leaflets of the heart, the lenses on the eyes, the blood flow to the kidneys, all the fingers/toes, the knees and elbows -- seriously, every detail! You'll see from the pic that the quality was much better than the previous one.
(I can't decide if the face is in profile or looking at us. Looks more like an ear on the top than a nose, right? That graying streak by the mouth is b/c Mr. W folded the pic in his pocket while I was checking out.)
They said that everything was PERFECT. Curly weighs 7 ounces already! Still kinda hard to believe. We looked away when she scanned the genitalia, and I opted to not get a CD of the images b/c they would ALL be on there -- including the ones we don't want to see. So if we aren't going to look at the CD now, we for sure won't look at it after Curly arrives b/c wouldn't you rather look at the real baby? I will admit, it was super tempting to sneak a peak. But I'm happy to stay Team Green.
-- They also took blood yesterday (first stick!), for the final risk assessment for Down's and other anomalies. I'll get the results next week. Wasn't done at the hospital, so I can't look it up myself. I'm not worried, though.
-- We have a follow-up anatomy scan in 4 weeks -- well, closer to 5, b/c of the holidays. I like the way this place does the 3 scans as a series, and I don't even mind that b/c it's not at the hospital, I have to pay a little out of pocket ($60 for the NT scan). They are great there and it's so nice to see Curly doing so well.
-- I'm finally beginning to feel really attached to this pregnancy. I only think about the loss in terms of timing -- like how if I were due in March, I'd get a full maternity leave before leaving my job!! But otherwise, I feel like I'm so far out of the woods with this one that it's a little easier. (But it doesn't totally go away -- I did have a vision of them starting the scan to find that the baby was way too small and wouldn't survive.) I also think feeling movement makes a HUGE difference -- I can even feel when she responds to noises, or what I eat, or changes in my position! It's amazing.
-- I totally look pregnant. It's time to embrace my bump and not be so hung up on my size/weight gain. It's really hard; I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I saw a picture of my cousin who is due this month and immediately thought "OMG, I better not get that big!" But if the baby is healthy, that's all that matters, right? I can't do anything about my pre-pregnancy weight right now. So just need to enjoy the fact that Curly is growing inside me and not get so worried. Sigh.
-- We are traveling a LOT between now and 24 weeks, and I'm tired just thinking about it. Next weekend we leave for 2 days in Florida (visiting my family), then 5 nights in Jamaica! That is going to be unbelievable, I'm so excited. We have a week home, then flying to 'Bama for New Year's to see my grandparents again (my 90 year old grandpa hasn't been so great, so my mom insisted I find time to see him again before I couldn't travel, and this was seriously the only time). Will be home 2 weeks from that, then flying to Austin for 5 nights to visit my sister. Mr. W has never been there, so figured this would be a good chance for him to see it. After that, though, I imagine we won't go anywhere until July/August -- when we will probably be packing up and moving out of the city completely. It's gonna take me some time to get used to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment