this is the story of trying to go from a wonderful couple to a wonderful family, and all the ups and downs in between

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Taking Deep Breaths

Okay, so we are really in this now. I made it through last weekend by peeing on lots of sticks. On Tuesday I went for bloodwork, and the HCG was 88 (progesterone 26) -- totally perfect for 14dpo, which is where Fertility Friend had me (I thought I was 16dpo -- sometimes I hate that computers are smarter than we are). I went back today, 48 hours later, and my HCG has doubled perfectly -- 183! They say if you are >200 at 16dpo, there's a 95% chance of pregnancy success. I'm sure I'll have made 200 by the time this day is over, so I'm happy with this.

The tech actually was having a hard time getting blood from me this AM so my doc happened to come in and stuck me (another 2 times, for 5 total!). So we got to chat for a minute, which was super nice. I scheduled my first appointment based on my LMP, knowing I didn't ovulate until a week later than that would put me at but wanting to get in for the appointment. It's with another doctor in the practice b/c mine is booked, but that's fine. If I can make it til then -- Sept. 25 -- I think I will be super happy. I'll be 7 weeks by O date so should get to see a heartbeat. Last time there wasn't anything, just a fetal sac measuring 5 weeks.

And now I'm off for the weekend, going home for my grandfather's 90'th birthday! I can't believe it. If I didn't have the loss I'd be 13 weeks and was going to tell everyone at once.  Now I'm only 4.3 weeks so won't feel comfortable telling anyone. Instead I'm going to have to pretend to be drinking! Oops.

I've had some waves of nausea -- which I welcome with open arms!! -- but hoping if it's going to get worse, that it wait til Monday. Will see.  For now, I'm just taking lots and lots of deep breaths. :-)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Yes, lots of deep breaths and good thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete